Friday, July 20, 2012

Skin Care

So everyone is bound to have acne at some point. If you don't then its like a miracle or something. But what we can do is make it so that those terrifying moments when you get a major zit happen less often.

1. Cleansing
No matter how amazing your routine is, it won't work if you don't do it twice daily! I cannot stress enough how important this is! Trust me I know how hard it is to get into the habit of something (positive at least), but its a must! Leaving your make-up on for even just one night can cause a few zits to appear the next morning. So when going to a friends and staying for the night always bring your skin care with you! If they are real friends they aren't going to mind if you take a few seconds to wash your face after you brush your teeth and change into your pj's. All skin is different and I haven't really found something that I swear by, so I can't tell you what products to use. But what I can tell you is that make sure you know your skin, and exfoliate! Either get a cleanser that has exfoliating beads in it or grab a separate product, I haven't found that either is better than the other. I use a generic exfoliating scrub with apricot in it separate from my normal cleanser, the more natural the better.

2. Treatments
I have tried it all! SkinID, Proactive, Clearasil, AcneFree, and Neutragenia. Again with the need to do it TWICE DAILY. I haven't found anything I'm in love with sad to say, but products vary for individuals so even if I did there is no guarantee that it will work for you.

3.Face Masks
DIY face masks are always so fun! I love them and they make my skin feel so soft and smooth afterwards! But whats even better? You can make them at home! There are tons of recipes out there and I want to try them all, but here are a few sites that I'm going to try first. Depending on your skin and the time you have you can do this however often you want or not at all (I recommend at least once a week, but I'm a little addicted!)
                  http://beauty.about.com/od/skinflaws/a/facemasks.htm
                  http://www.rd.com/home/9-soothing-facial-masks-from-the-kitchen/

4.Make-up
Your skin wont get any better if you clog the pores with make-up as soon as you unclog them of dirt. Obviously no one wants to go out in public without some coverage, but when possible go without. If its just a lazy day at home, skip the make-up! Trips to the beach? Skip the make-up, its just going to wash off anyway! And lastly, when you do use make-up try to use all natural or mineral powders. The more make-up you use the more acne you will get or find harder to lose. Use less make-up to have less acne so you don't need as much make-up. Its an ongoing cycle and you have to break it. Yes, I know it will be scary as all get out, but trust me on this one.

Overall I hope this was helpful, and I'm working on posting about my favorite products soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment