Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hair Care!

Hey!

So this is my first post about beauty, and I've decided to do it on Hair Care. I absolutely love my hair! And I hope that with these tips you can learn to love your hair, or love it even more so share what you think in the comments!

1. The Shower
I shower once every other day. This way you are still clean but the natural oils your hair produces aren't being stripped from you hair. The first thing I do when I get into the shower is to shampoo my hair. I make sure to get enough that my hair is really foamy. I work it into the roots really well (the head massage feels good too!) and then down to the ends. Then go on with the rest of my shower. I normally take like 10-15 minutes for my shower so by the time I'm done most of the shampoo has been rinsed out, but I run my fingers through it well to make sure. Then as following the 'lather, rinse, repeat' instructions I shampoo my hair again real quick. After that I turn the shower on to freezing. This really does make your hair shiner (and because your body is working to keep your body warm you burn extra calories, too!!), and I go through my hair with a conditioner. I try not to use a ton because it can weigh your hair down but I have a little longer than shoulder length hair so I do need to get enough to stop it from tangling. Even though the water is freezing, its really important to make sure everything is out of your hair so that it doesn't look greasy or anything.

2. While Wet
After I get out of the shower I rap my hair in a towel and dry the rest of my body and get dressed. By then my hair is dried enough so that it has stopped dripping as much. Then I like to go over it with a wide tooth comb. Always start from the bottom working up so that you are getting rid of the tangles instead of making them worse and causing breakage. If needed then you can apply some frizz controller. Also if you want curly hair, instead of using a curling iron and causing heat damage to your hair you can put your hair in rollers or braids.


3.Drying
I always prefer to air dry my hair, but obviously because I have longer hair that does require some time (like an hour!), so this is the time where I put on make-up and go eat breakfast and do that last minute homework. By now the ends are normally dried and the rest of my hair is just damp. After this if you feel like its necessary then you can blow dry what's left, but DON'T FORGET to use something to protect your hair from the heat!!


4. Styling
Try to avoid heat! I know with curling and straightening that this can be hard. Just remember that heat, even with protection can cause breakage and frizz. If you have natural waves then try to let them show every once and a while. Also there are tons of styles you can do without heat, like braids, ponytails, and buns. Also try to avoid really tight hair styles the stress on the hair follicles might hurt and its just not good for your hair!

Well that's all I know about hair care, and I hope it was helpful! Please comment below to tell me what you think or if you have any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment